This recap summarizes changes to supported operating systems and web browsers over the last quarter. This information is accurate as of December 09, 2022.
Supported operating systems
With few exceptions, Code42 endpoint software supports operating systems through the end of an operating system vendor’s extended support date.
Please ensure that you are updating your operating systems to remain on supported versions.
macOS 13 Ventura
macOS Ventura is officially supported with Code 42 agent version 11.0.0 and later. macOS Ventura support requires two separate computer configuration profile updates:
- Your existing computer configuration profile must be updated to include both the Code42 app and the Code42 service to ensure Incydr captures tab title and URL file event metadata. If you have not already applied the update detailed in the announcement on September 23, 2022, follow these steps to update and redeploy your existing computer configuration profile.
- With macOS Ventura, Apple introduced new controls for applications running as background services. We recommend you apply an additional configuration profile to prevent end users from disabling the Code42 agent and from receiving notifications about the background services running on their machines.
Windows 10 22H2 and Windows 11 22H2
Officially supported with Code42 agent version 11.0.0 and later.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
We support running the Code42 app on virtual desktop infrastructures (VDIs). For more information, see our press release on Code42’s VDI support.
Upcoming end of support
These operating system versions are approaching end of support on endpoint devices running the Code42 agent:
- Windows 10 21H1: End of support December 13, 2022
- Windows 8.1: End of support January 10, 2023
- Ubuntu 18.04: End of support April 2023
- Windows 10 20H2: End of support May 9, 2023
These operating system versions are no longer supported on endpoint devices running the Code42 agent:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina: End of support October 2022
For more details about supported operating systems, see our supported operating systems on the Code42 support site.