This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 05-07-2020 14:47
As a result of continual improvement to our overall infrastructure, Code42 will be conducting a number of networking changes over the following months. They are as follows:
Changes to Code42 Cloud IP Address Allocation Policy (August, 7 2020):
What is changing:
Code42 will begin utilizing our full set of published IP ranges and will no longer provide or guarantee IP ranges within our defined IP ranges for individual components of the Code42 cloud effective August, 7 2020.
The full range (unchanged since March 13, 2019) is listed on the Code42 support site.
After August 7th, 2020 Code42 will be shifting key elements of our infrastructure (specifically including the components responsible for hybrid-cloud functionality) to updated IP address ranges within our published ranges. It is important that your firewall rules allow access to all published ranges for the Code42 cloud. Current firewall rules targeting a subset of Code42's listed IP addresses will result in deteriorated service.
Customers who do not have firewall rules in place or who utilize exclusively on-premises storage will not experience any service interruption and no action is required.
Action is only required if you meet either of the following conditions:
- Have firewall rules in place which limit outbound or inbound network traffic from your Code42 authority server to a subset of Code42's published IP ranges.
- Have firewall rules in place which limit outbound or inbound network traffic to the existing Code42 cloud IP range from endpoints.
Action required for customers with outbound or inbound firewall rules:
Update all server and endpoint firewall rules to allow bi-directional traffic to all Code42 IP ranges (as outlined here) prior to August 7, 2020 to ensure uninterrupted connectivity to the Code42 cloud.
Reminder - Deprecation of port 4282 (May 26, 2020):
What is changing:
Code42 will permanently block communication to the Code42 cloud over port 4282 beginning on May 26, 2020. This was pushed back from April 7th 2020.
This change will:
- Remove the ability of Code42 apps to use port 4282 to communicate with Code42 cloud destinations.
- Result in currently unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 (with the exception of 4.8 and 4.9) being unable to connect to Code42.
This change affects Code42 customers who either:
- Run unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4, with the exception of versions 4.8 and 4.9.
- Use Code42 cloud destinations for storage.
This change does not affect Code42 customers who:
- Run supported Code42 app versions on port 443 and/or 4287.
- Have on-premises installations of Code42 that use only on-premises storage.
Action required for impacted customers:
- Modify any outbound firewall rules to allow access to Code42 over ports 443 and 4287.
- Upgrade to the latest supported version of the Code42 app.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I know if my Code42 apps will connect after this change?
- Once you are on a supported version, please test your network connection with our support document to verify connectivity.
How do I find devices that are currently running unsupported versions?
- Run the device status report to find devices running unsupported versions of the Code42 app.
For further questions about the deprecation of port 4282, please review this article.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these changes, please reach out to our Customer Champion team for assistance.
The Code42 Team
Technical Support Manager