This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 05-19-2020 15:10
To ensure the security and integrity of the Code42 environment, we will be implementing a networking change effective May 26th, 2020 which will:
- Remove the ability of Code42 apps to use port 4282 to communicate with Code42 cloud destinations, and
- Result in currently unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 (with the exception of 4.8 and 4.9) being unable to connect to Code42.
This change affects all Code42 customers who:
- Run unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 with the exception of versions 4.8 and 4.9, and
- Use Code42 cloud destinations for storage.
This change does not affect Code42 customers who:
- Run supported Code42 app versions on port 443 and/or 4287, or
- Have on-premises installations of Code42 that use on-premises storage.
For affected customers, please take the following steps to ensure uninterrupted service:
- Make sure ports 443 and/or 4287 are open for Code42 app communication, and
- Upgrade to the latest supported version of the Code42 app.
How do I know if my Code42 apps will connect after May 26th, 2020?
- Once you are on a supported version, review our test your network connection document for information on how to verify connectivity.
How do I find devices that are currently running unsupported versions?
- Run the device status report to find devices running unsupported versions of the Code42 app.
Technical Support Manager