This updates last week's release notification to include more details about action required for uninstalling the macOS backup agent.
Backup agent version 12.2 was released on November 8, 2023. Devices will automatically upgrade, unless you have configured an agent update delay.
Highlights of version 12.2:
- Updates to the uninstall process for Macs. Action required:
- Using the Uninstall.app file is no longer an option for uninstalling the backup agent. Uninstalls must now use an uninstall script or Terminal command.
- The Mac uninstall script now exists at: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/uninstall.sh. If you use scripts or MDM commands to uninstall the backup agent on Macs, you may need to update them for backup agent version 12.2.
- Updated the bundled Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version to Java 17.
- Performance and stability improvements, security updates, and bug fixes.
See the release notes for all items included in this release and contact technical support for assistance.