On a periodic basis, Code42 evaluates and adjusts backup policies to improve agent performance and decrease bandwidth consumption on the endpoint. We will be implementing the following changes for all customers in the coming weeks:
- Starting December 20, 2023, individual files over 10 GB will be automatically excluded from backups. Files of this size fail to backup effectively and consistently negatively impact device performance.
- Starting the first week of January 2024, additional backup file exclusions will be applied. New exclusions include:
- Outlook .pst files (Code42 is not effective in backing up .pst files. See additional details here)
- Log files
- Application executables and installers
- Access and SQL Lite databases
- Temporary system files
- OneDrive sync directories
- Downloads directory
- Web browser profiles
These updates will be rolled out to all devices over the coming weeks. Gov F1 customers will be rolled out at a later time and will receive direct notification. You do not need to take any action.
If you have questions about these changes, contact technical support.