This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 10-01-2020 11:38
Code42 is pleased to announce the on-premises release of version 8.2.6 of the Code42 server and 8.2.1 of the Code42 app which include:
- Updated path and process names for the Code42 app
- CPU resource utilization improvements for the Code42 app
- Two-factor authentication for local administrator accounts on the Code42 server
- Separate installer and upgrade files for authority and storage servers
- Bug fixes and security enhancements
For more details, please view the release notes.
Code42 App Process and Path Name Changes (Action Required)
Code42 app version 8.2.1 changes some instances of "CrashPlan" to "Code42" in the name of the application, service, and related file paths to standardize Code42 app branding.
Directories containing logs, cache files, and backup data will not be modified (for example, C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan and /Library/Application\ Support/CrashPlan are not changing).
Visit the Code42 support site for a list of all changes and necessary actions to ensure full compatibility with Code42 app version 8.2.
If your Code42 environment uses any of the following, update your configurations to use the new names and directories listed in the support documentation to ensure compatibility with Code42 app version 8.2.0 and later:
- Firewall rules, if based on the CrashPlanService name. (Firewall rules based on IP addresses are not affected.)
- Application monitoring with device management tools like SCCM or Jamf to ensure the Code42 process is always running.
- Code42 exceptions for antivirus, malware, or other security monitoring tools.
- Automated or scripted deployment and installation processes that include the filename of the .msi, .dmg, or .tgz Code42 installer.
If you are concerned about possible impacts please test the new version on select endpoints using the delayed client upgrade functionality which is outlined on our support site.
Upgrade to version recommended
Version 8.2.6 replaces version 8.2.5 which was released on 09/15/2020, we recommend that you upgrade your on-premises server to version 8.2.6 to take advantage of these updates. If you are a Managed Private Cloud customer, please contact our Code42 Customer Champions to request an upgrade.
SUPPORT AND POLICY REMINDERS
Per policy, Code42 enforces a minimum software version for customers.
If your Code42 environment is on version 7.X.X, you must upgrade both your server and apps to a supported version by March 31, 2021 to maintain backup and restore functionality.
Technical Support Manager