This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 02-04-2020 08:14
As previously communicated, today Code42 will begin to implement a networking change which will:
- Remove the ability of Code42 apps to use port 4282 to communicate with Code42 cloud destinations, and
- Result in currently unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 (with the exception of 4.8 and 4.9) being unable to connect to Code42.
The change will be completed in two phases.
- February 4 to 11: Access to the Code42 cloud over port 4282 will be shut off. This change will be reverted on February 11 to allow any devices to reconnect that were in an unrecoverable state. This week allows customers time to understand the impact prior to Code42 permanently shutting off access to the Code42 cloud over port 4282.
- April 7: Access to the Code42 cloud over port 4282 is shut off permanently.
This change affects all Code42 customers who:
- Run unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 with the exception of versions 4.8 and 4.9 and
- Use Code42 cloud destinations for storage.
This change does not affect Code42 customers who:
- Run supported Code42 app versions on port 443 and/or 4287
- Have on-premises installations of Code42 that use on-premises storage.
For affected customers, please take the following steps to ensure uninterrupted service:
- Make sure ports 443 and/or 4287 are open for Code42 app communication
- Upgrade to the latest supported version of the Code42 app.
How do I know if my Code42 apps will connect after this change?
- Once you are on a supported version, please test your network connection with our support document to verify connectivity.
How do I find devices that are currently running unsupported versions?
- Run the device status report to find devices running unsupported versions of the Code42 app.
For questions or if you need help, please review this article or contact our Technical Support team.
Manager, Technical Services