This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 03-26-2020 09:43
***UPDATE*** To help companies focus on other key business priorities in this rapidly changing environment, Code42 is delaying our planned networking change from April 7th to May 26th. Please know that we will re-evaluate this date as we approach May 26th and will communicate updates as necessary.
As previously communicated, Code42 will implement a networking change that will:
- Remove the ability of Code42 apps to use port 4282 to communicate with Code42 cloud destinations, and
- Result in currently unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4 (with the exception of 4.8 and 4.9) being unable to connect to Code42.
On May 26th, access to the Code42 cloud over port 4282 will be shut off permanently.
This change affects all Code42 customers who:
- Run unsupported Code42 apps older than version 5.4, with the exception of versions 4.8 and 4.9
- Use Code42 cloud destinations for storage
This change does not affect Code42 customers who:
- Run supported Code42 app versions on port 443 and/or 4287
- Have on-premises installations of Code42 that use only on-premises storage
If you are affected by this change, please take the following steps to ensure uninterrupted service:
- Make sure ports 443 and 4287 are open for Code42 app communication
- Upgrade to the latest supported version of the Code42 app.
How do I know if my Code42 apps will connect after this change?
- Once you are on a supported version, please test your network connection with our support document to verify connectivity.
How do I find devices that are currently running unsupported versions?
- Run the device status report to find devices running unsupported versions of the Code42 app.
Manager, Technical Services