This announcement was imported from the previous Code42 community site.
Originally posted 07-08-2020 14:51
Code42 app version 8.2.0 will be released to cloud-only environments in mid-July 2020. As a reminder, administrators can delay this upgrade for up to 60 days by configuring a global delay or organization exception using Delayed Client Updates. Administrators who do not configure a delay will continue to receive new versions of the Code42 app on release day.
Enhancements in version 8.2.0 of the Code42 app include:
- Updated path and process names for the Code42 app (outlined below).
- Optimizations to reduce CPU usage.
Please review the release notes for more details on features and updates on the release timeline for 8.2.
CODE42 APP NAME AND PATH CHANGES
Code42 app version 8.2.0 changes some instances of "CrashPlan" to "Code42" in the name of the application, service, and related file paths to standardize Code42 app branding.
Directories containing logs, cache files, and backup data will not be modified (for example, C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan and /Library/Application\ Support/CrashPlan are not changing).
Visit the Code42 support site for a list of all changes and necessary actions to ensure full compatibility with Code42 app version 8.2.
If your Code42 environment uses any of the following, update your configurations to use the new names and directories listed in the support documentation to ensure compatibility with Code42 app version 8.2.0 and later:
- Firewall rules, if based on the CrashPlanService name. (Firewall rules based on IP addresses are not affected.)
- Application monitoring with device management tools like SCCM or Jamf to ensure the Code42 process is always running.
- Code42 exceptions for antivirus, malware, or other security monitoring tools.
- Automated or scripted deployment and installation processes that include the filename of the .msi, .dmg, or .tgz Code42 installer.
If you are concerned about possible impacts please test the new version on select endpoints using the delayed client upgrade functionality which is outlined on our support site.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these changes, please reach out to our Customer Champion team for assistance.
The Code42 Team
Technical Support Manager