Originally posted on November 16, 2021
On November 16, 2021, Code42 app version 8.8.0 was released.
This update includes a resolution for a security vulnerability. As of November 16, 2021, we are not aware of any attempts to actively exploit this vulnerability. However, if you have enabled delayed client updates, we recommend reviewing and adjusting your settings to allow all clients to update before the CVE details are published in 30 days. For administrators who did not configure a delay, your devices will upgrade automatically.
Security Vulnerability Details
- Code42 app version 8.8.0 corrects a vulnerability that enables a potential escalation of privileges.
- The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSSv3) score for the vulnerability is 7.0.
- We are not currently aware of any attempts to actively exploit this vulnerability.
- Reserved Common Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2021-43269
In line with our standard CVE process, we will be publishing full details of this CVE in approximately 30 days. To receive the CVE details as soon as they are available, please update your email preferences.
Additional enhancements in Code42 app version 8.8.0 include:
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Insider risk detection bug fixes that improve exfiltration detection and risk exposure reporting.
- Please review the release notes for more details on features and updates on the release timeline for 8.8.0.
Please contact our Code42 customer champions for any questions or support.
Article is closed for comments.